Go HERE to read all about the 30 Day Giving Challenge! The goal is simple: Give every day in some way for the entire month of November. Rather than telling you how we are personally giving, I’ve decided to give all of you some fun ideas for how to give!
Most of the time when we think about giving, we think mostly about giving to people. But what about other ways to give? Our world is beautiful, and we are blessed to have a magnificent scene of nature all around us to enjoy. But we need to take care of this world. Every little bit helps, and I am a firm believer in being an environmental steward.
Today’s giving idea?
Go the extra mile to be eco-friendly.
- See some trash on the side of the road? Stop and pick it up.
- Make sure to recycle. Maybe you need to start permanently using a recycling program in your neighborhood, if you haven’t already.
- Conserve gas by combining trips and not using so much fuel.
- Turn off lights when you’re not using them. Conserve some energy.
- When printing those coupons, try to use up as much of the paper as possible. Flip that piece of paper over. Use both sides. Use the extra scraps to write “to do” lists on.
- When considering a Holiday gift for somebody, how about getting them an eco-friendly gift?
The list goes on. But let’s give to the earth today, and help preserve this wonderful world we live in!
What About You: How are you being eco-friendly today?
*Photo Credit: Andrew Morrell